Monday, April 27, 2009

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER APRIL 2009 ENTRY # 3

RUSTY JABBZ ENTERTAINMENT GROUP

Dj Handspin in the building. I'm on the road today doing it up midwest style. Over the years the Mid West or Central America which ever your terminology preference. I'm going to say Mid West, Mid Westurn emcees have been very influential in hip hop as well as contrib
utors to the genre of this culture. Many Mid Westurn emcees such as Common, Twista, Kanye West, Crucial Conflict, Do or Die, Shawnna, Ludacris, SpeedKnot Mobstaz, Nelly, Chingy, J-Kwon, Rich Boy all represented hip hop culture to the fullest and did it with great success. Today, I want to talk about another mid westurn state that git lil' props and rekonization for their hardwork and skillz but yet still manage to keep their success. So are you ready to roll with me if so let's go.......

Well, Rusty we're n
ot in New York anymore. It look like we ended up in OZ (Kansas) 70 years later from the movie. Aint no wicked witches around hur' but the corner got wicked bytches, dem hoes probably burning. There's a sound in the air. It sounds like STRANGE MUSIC!!!

Hey look Rusty, do my eyes deceive me, EMCEES and with emcees comes djs comes breakers comes bombers. Put em altogether and you got HIP HOP!!!
Hip Hop in KANSAS who wudda thought. But since I've been hearing about this emcee that goes by the name of Tech N9ne. Tech N9ne who been in the rap game 4 the last 13 yrs been very active from various albums, compilations, mixtapes, collabos, tours, magazine ads but yet I've bared no witness until Apr 26th. Just 2days b4 the release of Tech's latest & newest album, "Sickology 101". I finally heard Tech N9ne in the full. No freestyles, no collabos, no neighborhood street talk about his lyrical skillz. I actually sat down in fro
nt of my computer and listened to his brand new release from the start to the ending and I was impressed. I didn't expect to find real emcees out in the mid west. (Of all places )
So you know me, when Dj Handspin Dinero is feelin' sumthin' imma feel it until I can't feel no more.
Keep in mind this is still all new to me. Tech N9ne coming threw with his team of microphone slingers.... K-Dean, Krizz Kaliko, Kutt Calhoun, Potluck, Ron Ron, The Popper, The Boy The Boy Young Mess, Big Scoob, Cash Image, D-loc, The Chop, Craig Smith, Nesto, Big Ben Shadow, 57TH Rogue Dog, Rob Robeck, BG, Bulletwou
nd, Paul Mussan & 816 Boyz. The team is lyrically strapped trading either barz or bullets. Aiming and maiming all sucker emcees from the east to the west, the north to the south and everywhere else in between. To the Strange Music famlee, competition is none.
Tech N9ne delivers a
nutha banger for the streets and the traps of Kansas City, Missouri and to the hoods all over the world. This is Tech's 9th album yo, and I aint here not one. Dj Handspin Dinero is ashamed of himself I usually stay on top of trill niggaz.
The album is a lesson plan of "SICKOLOGY" after hearing it ya whole swagger wud go from flossy to SIK WIT' IT! Normally during this part of the review, I wud point out the songs I like best off the album but I don't know or think I have a b
est song from the album. All the songs on the album are good but what really put the icing on the cake of the album are the skits. The skits are funny as hell. (You will be LYAO) Very rarely do emcees nowadays make skits for their album. My funniest skit off the album would be the "Grammys" and the brief intro and outro on the cut, "Areola". If I was to choose a favorite song off the Sickology 101 album, it'll be "Red Nose". "Red Nose", thats the truest thing to me cuz I can dig it. The whackest song on the Sickology 101 album would be, "Ghetto Love", that sounds too lovey dovey & gay 4 my taste. Overall, dem Kansas City Boyz got SUMTHIN'!' They spit dat real shit just New York spit dat real shit.
So, no matter where we are Rusty theres no place like home. And the home, I'm talking about is HIP HOP!!! And hip hop is STRAANNGGE MUSIIIIIIIIIC!!!!

IN CLOSING: I'm glad you enjoyed this review. I just wanna start off by saying, what separate
s Tech N9ne and the rest of the Strange music roster and family. Is the fact that they do not rhyme like, flow like, act like or sound like your typical mid-westurn, southern style emcees. No, No Limit bout it, bout it shit. No Cash Money bling, bling shit. You won't hear none of that. Tech N9ne and the Strange Music fam sound kinda like the way they're expected to sound. Being from Kansas City, Missouri and fallin' in the middle of The United States, they pretty much feed off both the east coast and the west coast and the durty durty south.
I'm going to being real and let you know, the rap/hip hop alliance I would compare or put Strange music on the same level with would be crews like Wu Tang Clan and The Dungeon family. Liste
ning to this Tech N9ne, Sickology felt like I'm listening to some Wu shit or sum Dungeon shit. So everybody out there its time to git SICK!
TECH N9NE - "S
ICKOLOGY 101" - STRANGE MUSIC
4.50 JABBZ












It's Dj Handspin Dinero and Rusty still on our Mid-Westurn tour trying to find real hip hop in the Mid West. We just got finish reviewing my man, Tech N9ne and the Strange music clan.
Me and Rusty, we're now in Chicago, Illinois about to check out these new up and coming underground emcees that goes by the name of No1 and 2nd Thought. The
album belongs to No1 and 2nd Thought is doing a guest appearance on the album. I'm not sure if No1 is actually from Chi-town due to the heavy U.K. accent but his right hand man 2nd Thought reps the Windy City. I kinda figure that out from the city anthem, "Chicago" that 2nd Thought spits off the album. The album comes fully equipped with raw, uncut productions taking back it to the good ol' days bringing you that generic feeling of hip hop. After listening to this album you would be a b-boy in ur b-boy stance on 1-2-5. Its a blast from the past but a move toward the future. Whether No1 and 2nd Thought would have a hip hop mainstream future. It doesn't matter because they currently secure a seat in hip hop. The songs on the album are good for that traditional backpack, nerd rap. My 2 favorite joints off the, "Global Warming" cd, that I love to bang and burn in the club are the radio attempts of "Around The Block", a solo joint by 2nd Thought and "Bumpin" by No1 f/ Agelikki. Those are the only club bangerz on the album so you see there is potential for mainstream success in the future but right, No1 is gonna spread his, "Global Warming" str8 thru underground.

NO1 - "GLOBAL WARNING" NO1Z RECORDZ
WWW.NO1ZRECORDZ.COM
4.50 JABBZ





Hey, Dj Handspin Dinero and Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group is about get up out of here ending yet another entry of our April 2009 Rusty Jabbz Blog Mag.

Remember emcees keep dem albums coming for review and ratings by your Favorite Writer's Favorite Writer , Dj Handspin Dinero

Before, I go I wanna send a birthday shout out to my maker. Happy Birthday Dad. Happy Birthday to Too Short and Big Gipp of The Goodie Mob.
Till next time we out! PEACE!!

No comments: