Sunday, November 13, 2016

Rusty Jabbz Newsletter November 2016 Issue #01 "Tulip Fever"

I guarantee you, there will be many people who may or may not be suspicious about tonight's screening of the film "Tulip Fever". I admit I happen to be one of them people. I wasn't sure, what I've be expecting during tonight's broadcast here at AMC Lincoln Center Theater. I would like to say, "I am glad I trusted my own instant and decided to give the film a chance." I wasn't disappointed at all with what I ve seen this evening. However that doesn't mean tonight's film screening premiere of "Tulip Fever" is an blockbuster hit. Don't get me wrong tonight's film is a good movie. It's just that I don't see the movie, "Tulip Fever" in the theaters. This film happen to look more suitable for DVDs. The whole time I sat inside the theater viewing this screening of tonight's film. I couldn't help but imagine that Blockbuster Video period and coming across similar films on the shelves like these.

Starring in tonight's film screening:

01. Christoph Waltz as Cornelis Sandvoort
02. Alicia Vikander as Sophia
03. Holliday Grainger as Maria (Sophia's maid)
04. Dane DeHaan as Jan Van Loos (the artist)
05. Jack O'Connell as Willem (Maria's Lover)
06. Judi Dench as The Abbess of St. Ursula (the nun)
07. Zach Galifianakis as Gerrit (Jan's servant)
08. Matthew Morrison as Mattheus (Jan's friend)
09. Tom Hollander as Dr Sorgh

The film is set in Amsterdam, 1634. The script is being narrated by actress, Holliday Grainger who stars as, Maria. Maria is Sophia's maid and best friend and a young woman who have here eyes set on goals in making a family. During these times woman were treated with lots of insults and disrespect. There weren't too many things a female can do except attend home and nurture children. Bearing a child was a big deal to Maria and it was something she really wanted.

Then, there's Christoph Waltz starring as, Cornelis Sandvoort. Cornelis is the husband of Sophia. The Sandvoort tried to conceive for a child. Having a child was something Cornelis may have possibly wanted more than Sophia. Sophia was unable to proceed with her duties.

This is where, Maria comes in. Maria have gotten pregnant by her lover, Willem  (Jack O'Connell). However, Maria was anything but excited. She was more worried than excited. She couldn't help but to think what Cornelis would do if he found out. She feared for the lost of her job and current residence. That was another thing I found interesting in 1634, maids weren't allowed to have children. Maria couldn't even date her boyfriend. She's seeing the love of her life behind Cornelis Sandvoort's back.

Alicia Vikander starring as, Sophia Sandvoort she may have been married to Cornelis but she wasn't in love with Cornelis. Sophia understood what Maria was going through. She always had Maria's back. Now, this was that part of the film that turned everything around. Sophia wanted to hide Maria's pregnancy from Cornelis. Sophia took advantage, she knew how much Cornelis wanted a baby. Sophia make believe that the pregnancy was hers for Cornelis sake, up until the date  of delivery.

There is so much more to "Tulip Fever"  than what I wrote. I'm just giving you the run down of what to expect when the movie officially come to theaters.

No comments: