Monday, February 29, 2016

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER FEBRUARY 2016 ISSUE #03 "HOUSE OF GLORY!"

Tonight is a night of glory... I've been looking forward to the House of Glory wrestling event. Taking place this evening in the heart of Woodhaven, Queens. I can't remember the last time I've been invited to an independent wrestling event. Today is going to bring back some memories. The last time, I attended an independent wrestling show. Those were my days when I was employed working with the city within the Woodhaven community. I can't wait until this evening. There is a heavy plate of food waiting to be served to us. Scheduled performance for tonight coming from the Elks Lodge, Amazing Red, Solomon Crowe, J.T. Dunn, Ken "CashMoney" Broadway, HOG World Champion' Smiley, HOG Elite Champion' Anthony "The Rogue" Gangone, HOG Tag Team Champions' Private Party that's only a few superstars to name. There will be plenty more action for tonight.



I' am going to be honest. This isn't starting out like I've planned it. I seemed to have gotten myself lost through the MTA system. I last remembered, being on the E- train. The E- train is what I planned to take into Queens and transfer for the R- train at Roosevelt Avenue. For some reason, the E- train doesn't seem like its running on its normal route this weekend. The E- train is only scheduling to go to 21st/ Queensbridge station. I found myself here on Roosevelt Island left stranded. I couldn't believe this. This MTA mishap was starting to spoil my wrestling mood for the evening. It have already been an hour to the opening bell and I'm not even there yet. All this trying to figure out the subway route only made matters worse.



I finally did figure out the alternate route to get me on my journey. Needless to say, what was the point. Honestly, I should have made an U-turn and just went back home. Instead of continuing to push myself to get to an wrestling event that gave me so much headache. To be honest, it wasn't worth it. I can't believe I killed myself to get out here for this. Don't get me wrong, I' am not saying the show was bad. I'm just saying, it wasn't worth my time. I should have stayed home. Or, perhaps gotten myself into another engagement for tonight. Being here, this evening didn't quite appeal to me like I expected. The majority of my evening was spent beside the bar. That's a much better place to be than this cheesy ass ring and gym. I couldn't bring myself to go back into the gym. The gym was too hot anyway. Baking like we're kabobs on a stick, over a grill.



I spent $20.00 on tonight's wrestling show. If anyone were to ask me, I would tell them.... "I spent $19.00 too much, LOL!"


No comments: