Wednesday, October 14, 2015

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER OCTOBER 2015 ISSUE #03 "THE TRUTH" MOVIE SCREENING






I never understood, why people arrive to these things so early. You'll never catch me standing out here on these movie screening lines for two hours. An hour waiting that's all I can give to these things. From what I'm seeing there's going to be standing all over this place. There's a line outside of the theater. A line to get into the room of the theater. Oh yeah, can't forget the line everyone love's to hate, the concession line. I don't have any idea, what tonight's movie is all about. That doesn't stop people from attending a free movie. Free is that magic word.

The movie is called, "The Truth!" It stars; Cate Blanchett, Robert Redford, Topher Grace, Elisabeth Moss and Dennis Quaid. This is probably, my most interesting blog to come to date. This film gave me a run for my money. There were many occasions where I thought I couldn't take it. The film goes back a decade to 2004. It revolves around a huge scandal taken place that badly effected network CBS, 60 minutes and several of its journalists. What the scandal entailed was about these memos that were created by Jerry Killian. Jerry Killian came up with some sort of a scheme, writing in these memos of certain things involving former President George W. Bush. The memos were pertaining to George W. Bush and the Vietnam War, dated August 1, 1972. Jerry Killian manage to get these documents in the hands of retired lieutenant of the military, Bill Burkett.

It only takes one person to create a scandal. That is what happened, a scandal being perpetrated by Jerry Killian and lead on by Bill Burkett. Bill Burkett had came to Mary Mapes with these memos in regards to George W. Bush. Mary Mapes believe the information received from Bill Burkett, she never expected this. Bill Burkett was trying to get his story aired on 60 minutes with Dan Rather. Bill Burkett manage to do so. The memos were carefully examined by document examiners who declared the memos as false. What Jerry Killian and Bill Burkett have created just steered one big mess within CBS.

Right here, is where the movie lost me. Let's just say for a good hour an a half, this film didn't appeal to me. I'm not going to sit here and write a blog and lie to you. I want to be honest. This film was a tad boring. No offense, but politics isn't something that I ever related too. However, everything started to make sense once the scandal got underway. It was a lot more clear of what was going on here. A lot of real names and references were used in this film. The film is designed around CBS journalist, Mary Mapes who gotten herself involved in a scandal that affected her career in journalism. Mary Mapes haven't worked in journalism since 2004. If this is a true story these events that occurred are wicked.








No comments: