Monday, July 27, 2015

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JULY 2015 ISSUE #03 "ROCKSTEADY 38TH ANNIVERSARY @ CENTRAL PARK/ RUMSEY FIELD"










It is time for some, "Sunday Funday". My T-shirt would have fit in perfect for today's occasion. It have been 38 years of Rock Steadies existence on the music scene. I specified music because that is what hip hop become over the years. If it wasn't for New York's Original Breakers and Dj's, our genre wouldn't still be alive.

Before I go, any further. I would like to pay respect to someone very near to me, my cousin Chucky celebrating his birthday today. I know, my cousin would do anything than be where he currently is, celebrating his birthday. I wish, he was here with me too. I'll do anything to have him by my side today in such great spirit of hip hop and foundation. Stay up, Chuck! Hold ya head, fam! I'm on my way out to Rocksteady. I'll ride for the both of us..... "BOOOOYEOW!"

It have been a longtime since I attended an Rocksteady affair. I don't know, what to expect. I'm just looking to have a good time, particularly on a Sunday. I want something different than my typical, garbage pick up Sundays @ Prospect Park. However, there were a few Sundays back I attended the NYC Gay Pride Parade. It didn't make much of a big deal. I still attended work early in the day. I want me a Sunday that's a Funday, all day with no work interruptions. That's what my heart is set on for today.

I better get there soon. These trains are taking forever. It's already, 3:55pm. I don't know, how long its going to take to get me there. I do, know this. The event is scheduled to end at 7pm. The M. T. A. isn't giving me enough time to party and b. s., today. I can't wait for no more locals, not running. It seems, every train are turning express after 59th St. That isn't all that's ruining my day. The one day, I decided to utilize Citi Bikes not a docking station in the Columbus Circle vicinity. I ended up, trooping all the way to 72nd St and then through the park in search of Rumsey Field.

What a journey? The fun have just begun so to speak. It wasn't the fun I expected and everyone else. Everyone perhaps decided to make due. I arrived, at the gate and the first thing I hear coming from the guards is.... "WE ARE SORRY BUT THE GATES ARE CLOSED. WE ARE NOW, FULL TO CAPACITY. YOU MUST CLEAR THE ENTRANCE WAY!!!"

I didn't give a shit about the event being full to capacity. I told them, "I didn't travel all the way up here, struggling on the subway in this hot ass weather to hear, gates closed and full to capacity."

I came out here today to see, Whodini perform. It just happen to be unfortunate, today. I won't be seeing, Whodini. I'll be listening to Whodini. Whatever, its all good! It's better than nothing.










No comments: