Monday, July 13, 2015

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JULY 2015 ISSUE #02 "TENTH YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE BROOKLYN HIP HOP FESTIVAL!"






























































What a nice weekend, we had this past Saturday. I hope everyone enjoyed, this Saturdays past Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival. It have been two years since I attended the festivals. I know that isn't a longtime. It felt like such a hiatus to me. I was happy to be among hip hop lovers and b-boys/ b-girls, just one more time. That's just how it may probably be, one more time. Despite the fresh n the defness, of what took place throughout the afternoon. I think its time for me to hang it up and let others who haven't experience the excitement of the Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival, take part in good time hip hop fun.

Truthly, my main purpose here this afternoon was to only see the performances of Mobb Deep. So, you can imagine how upset I felt when all of the pictures I've taken during their performance did not come out. I apologize to my rusty jabbers for the lack of celebrity photographs. I was on a Mobb Deep dick riding mood, lol. To be honest, the talent that came out today wasn't that good. Let's be serious, I don't think people in the crowd want to see, Freeway. Where was Beanie Sigel?

I admit, Common was the true highlight of the day. It's just sad that I missed his performance. I spent 95% of it sitting underneath the ems booth. No thanks to the crowd and the sun in the sky. I kept having these flashes being around all these smoking goons. Smoking, God knows what! Whatever it is, they're killing me from all that smoke I keep inhaling. I just needed to sit down and rest and feed myself. Common performance was still good. I can still see him rock out from all the way over here. Well, I did manage to capture, Miss Brooklyn aka Foxy Brown. Common's special guest visitor of the evening. Nuff respect to Common and Inga Marchand, lol. (That's right I blasted her government all over my blog.) I enjoyed the last performance BROOOOOKLYN!!!!...... Foxy Brown and Common, shutting down the night. What a odd combination? I don't think, these two ever made a song together. At least, not to my knowledge. I learned something new this weekend. On my next visit to any park concert. I will bring a oxygen mask along with me, lol.

I just want to thank everyone who came out today and stayed till the ending. There might be some of you who haven't notice the expansion in time of the Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival. There was a time, when the festival went no later than, either 6 or 7 o'clock. Check out the time now, it's a few minutes pass 9 o'clock. Everyone here walking through them gates with smiles on their faces, some may be a lil' tipsy. However, they're walking let's hope everyone get home safely.

Thank you, once again to the Brooklyn Bodega for putting on a hell of a decade of total non-stop hip hop action performances.










No comments: