Saturday, April 16, 2011

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER APRIL 2011 ISSUE #02











Before I get started I just want to say something. On behalf of myself and Rusty Jabbz Ent, I would like to say, "thank you to Brooklyn Bodega, Zulu Nation, Santos Party House and everyone involved with putting together an extraordinary hip hop event this past Thursday evening at Santos Party House". I think it is safe to say that, this past Thursday "THIS IS HIP HOP!" event was indeed hip hop. Hip hop in its purists form.
Thursday night was, "the night" I waited for....
you can't never go wrong with an event that has a Brooklyn Bodega stamp on it. I was so psyched about this show but hold up before we go any go any further. I would like to take this time to send my condolence to Shabaam Sahdeeq who recently lost his cousin by slaying from the Sacramento Police department. So, all my Rusty Jabbz viewers on the count of 3 let's honor Shabaam Sahdeeq's cous by reciting, "FUCK THE POLICE!!!" You can recite it as many times as you want. In fact you all can ignore my review and just recite them words in honor for Shabaam Sahdeeq's cousin. Dj Handspin will understand, I never trip I thought it was cool when Sahdeeq had the audience do it for him. Shabaam Sahdeeq, just one of the superior emcees on the extensive roster.

I wanna test everyone's hip hop worth. I'm going to talk about a artist who participated with the, "This Is Hip Hop!!!" event but I'm going to do so by using a hook from another legendary hip hop group's song. I bet anyone reading this will not be able to recall where the hook came from. See going to a place like this, you can't just have any kind of person hosting it. You must have, "a host with the most coming from the east coast" (you like that don't ya, name the group and song) .... You'll never go wrong with Arsonist member, D-Stroy holding down the M-I-C as he move the crowd. Move the crowd, he did. D-Stroy with his bizarre and zanny antics to keep the crowd in tune between sets. I can not forget, Dj Evil Dee on the wheels as the show dj. Much love goes out to him as well.

Let me change gears, I want to change gears. I need to explain something this may get personal but I need to get it off my chest. In fact, I wouldn't be expressing this moment but sometimes in life I feel there are things that happen to people for a reason. I, also feel that Allah (God) have ways of speaking to us, individually. As some of you may know, I suffer from an illness that causes me to get epileptic seizures. This is not something I was born with it just occurred. I' ve been suffering with this illness for the past 8 years. During these past 8 years, this illness have tried to do everything it can to keep a big brother like myself down. It may have put a hold on my dj career but that major set back allowed me to revalue my life and its worth. I still have love and passion in hip hop, literature and entertainment. Despite the circumstances and side effects nothing will stop me from reaching my goal I'm trying to achieve. Your probably wondering, why am I telling you all of this. Well, this past thursday night after the, "This Is Hip Hop!!!" Concert I did have suffering from an seizure attack on my way back home. I want you to keep in mind that I been suffering with this illness for the past 8 years and believe it or not this was the best seizure attack I ever had. Even though I lost my cell phone and digital camera
(sorry I was unable to post footage onto my page because of that) somewhere on Church Street between Walker St and Worth St.
Can't anything bring me down after the night I just had. Sure I stood up on my feet for 7 1/2 hours, legs cramping up but it was all worth it to see the sik azz line up.... K-Banger, Shabaam Sahdeeq, Cella Dwellas, Creative Juices, Channel Live, The Belgium Dancers, Dj Flawless, Dj Evil Dee, Dj Eclipse, Fearless 4, K-Def & Larry O, Nine, Main Source, Lords of the Underground, Group Home and Keith Murray. See with a line up like that I could have cancer and be on a three day death bed and I still would want to be right there smack dab in the front row seeing everything with my fresh eyes. I'm just so happy that I got a chance to see it. Indeed it was a mishap to lose my cellphone and digital camera that had, only God knows how many pictures were taken. But do not believe everything you read about epileptic seizures retarding a persons memory, let me tell you all something as long as I'm alive I will never, ever forget "APRIL 14TH AT SANTOS".

I'll never forget a lot of things about, April 14th... for instance my first time at Santos Party House. My first time was the best time. The ambiance does give you that hip hop show scenery. What a great impression. Seeing, Keith Murray, stage dive that for sure I'll never forget. Everybody repeat after me, "guyz to the front, girlz to the side Keith Murray about to stage dive." lol! Seeing, Fearless 4, Main Source, Nine, Group Home and K-Def and Larry O, thats something I'll never forget. I think it is, what made my night, do you know I never seen anyone of them perform before. Thirty plus years on this planet and this was my first time seeing them perform. This past, thurs. was my first time and I enjoyed it too the max. Probably explain where the seizure trigger came on, from later. In fact, I know where it came on from it came from this man, "the most beautifulest thing in world...." and just like that he got in me (no homo) Once, Keith Murray, started performing, "Get Lifted" that was my key. "Get Lifted", always been my ganja record that record always made me "fire up the funk". Which I did, regardless of the fact that this is my first time in Santos. I'm unaware of the rules and regulations but when chronic is involved and "Get Lifted" playing especially if its being performed by the artist, himself ah man its over. I'm gettin' high tonight. Sometimes radical behavior can lead us down a bad path. But, "THIS IS HIP HOP!"
You know I can go on an on about April 14th. April 14th, is not over the week have just begun. We now move onto April 17th, at BB King's "THE PART TWO OF THIS IS HIP HOP!!!" This I know is going to be even bigger, badder and deffer. You know what they always say about sequels. Take a look for your choosing, and see what's in store for April 17th





















This show look like its going to be off the meters. Even bigger hip hop icons at a bigger location in the heart of New York City "Times Square"
"this is hip hop!!!"

No comments: