Wednesday, December 8, 2010

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER DECEMBER 2010 ISSUE # 02




RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER DECEMBER 2010 ISSUE #02


Sak Passe,
I never thought I would be saying that word in public or even typing it on a publication.

Before, I go any further, I would like to thank Kevin Powell for yet another holiday extravaganza. Kev, you really know how to throw a party. Whenever Kevin Powell sends you an evite you accept it. You'll be stupid to ignore the type of events he puts on and what takes place.

Let's take tonight, "Kevin Powell's 10th Annual Holiday Party/Supplies and Toy Drive for Haiti". This event is more than your average party. It's an charity benefit to help rebuild , Haiti. As everyone know at the beginning of this year (Tues., Jan. 12th, 2010) Haiti suffered extreme effects of an earthquake, destroying many homes, schools, buildings, landmarks and various cities. Injuring many lives and taking many lives as well.
It was 200 years ago, when Haiti had their last earthquake and adored these same types of sufferings. Another time and century then, one could only imagine the damages, the heartaches, the pain, the terror. No need for imagination with this one, there are various websites dedicated to the support and preying for the redevelopment of Haiti.
How can I help? How can we help? How can you help? It starts with a visit to www.edeyo.org (EDEYO in Creole means HELP THEM)
Make your contributions. It doesn't have to be large amounts. You'll be amazed at what the smallest contribution can do for Haiti. You'll also feel blessed knowing that you put someone else's needs ahead of yours. By now everyone reading this is wondering, "What's up with, Dj Handspin? Is he Haitian or something". If your wondering that, the answer is, "NO". However, I do not have to be Haitian in order to love and care for Haitian. What I' am is, HUMAN! We all are human So, lets get together and "EDEYO!"




































































Now as we move on. I wanted to express my feelings about the whole situation in Haiti and EDEYO foundation. I felt that indeed was a topic of more importance.
Now I would love to discuss my night overall at Touch nightclub during this event.
As I mentioned, earlier whenever you receive an evite from Kevin Powell you accept it. Only retards would delete it thats why on Nov. 21st when that evite came through and I seen the name, Kevin Powell at the top. It's an automatic, reply for an rsvp and of course, thanks for the immediate confirmation. As I read the flyer further, noticing one man djing who I haven't seen in years, The Legendary D-Nice. In fact, I don't think I ever seen D-Nice all my years of street team, marketing and promotions. D-Nice and I never bumped heads. I was so happy to see him and actually witness, The Legendary D-Nice on the 1 and 2s. (Wait a minute, this is the laptop era should we still be calling it, 1 and 2s)

Once inside, Touch I was no longer American. I became a Haitian for one night. Alot of lovely ladies, majority of the crowd of Haitian decent but it didn't matter because we're all African and we're all Allah's children. I don't know where the white people would fit in but thank them for coming out tonight and showing their love and support. Especially with the contributions.

This event was to me the best, Kevein Powell party I've ever been too. Maybe I'm saying that due it being the 10th annual holiday party alongside a supplies and toy drive for Haiti. Do not get me wrong they're have been some great Kevin Powell holiday parties/charity events held within the duration of the past ten years. There is something to be said, about this one that makes it all special to me to be able to touch my heart.

A lot of other factors weigh in as well. An exciting evening with a series of activies and amusement. Activities consisting of "Dance Party", "Live Art", "Fashion Displays", "Main Stage Program with a special performance by The Cast of Fela", "Acoustic Lounge", "Free Massages", "Video Gaming Area" and "Haitian Film Festival; Film Screenings".
I know, not normal for your average nightclub night thats what makes it special and a night both, you and I will never forget. Would you like to know something else that was special. This will only solidify the respect that people have for Kevin Powell. Around, 9:25pm Kevin Powell asked everyone inside the club thats the people on the dancefloor, the people at the bar, the people on the 2nd and 3rd floor. This is a very big club. Keep in mind, Kevin Powell is only on stage with a microphone asking everyone in the club to bow their heads for a 30 second moment of silence to prey for the lives lost and the lives saved during the earthquake in Haiti. Believe it or not people actually bowed their heads in 30 seconds silence. I found that to be amazing because that is something you would not expect in a nightclub. Especially a nightclub when you have drunk knuckleheads who at times attend to get out of line. It was great to witness, Kevin Powell receiving that respect. At that present time, I began to think to myself, "I feel bad that he never won the race for councilman of Ft Greene.... This is O'BAMA LOVE, right here he gettin', maybe he should try next time for that race."

This was a great party my only flaw for the night was the fact that I had to leave a little bit early due to my usual bizness the next day. Well that and the fact that I didn't get any income tax write off receipt for my donations I contributed. Apparently they are only signing tax write off receipts if the products or merchandise donated are worth $100.oo and more. I do not know if this is going to be a annual thing with the tax write off. I notice, Safe Horizon weren't the ones in charge this year. Despite that my time with Kevin Powell, D-Nice and Edeyo was F R E S H!!!

I have exclusive footage of EDEYO children's school in Haiti. Footage of the day before the fatal earthquake that claim their land, go to www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

If anyone would like to know more about Dj Handspin Dinero and Rusty Jabbz Ent
and is looking for album/single reviews, marketing/promotions, internet promotions or promotional dj see lists below
visit www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero
www.twitter.com/djhandspin
www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: