Sunday, July 11, 2010

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JULY 2010 ISSUE # 03

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER PRESENTS THE BROOKLYN BODEGA ANNUAL HIP HOP FESTIVAL

Before I go on, I just want to thank the people at Brooklyn Bodega that make this event come alive every year and thank you to all the reoccurring sponsors and new sponsors for their support as well. I can't forget the community boards and election committees that make all this possible as well. Now that I got the shout out and gratitude out of the way let's move on to Sat., July 10, 2010 event at hand.

The Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival is a annual tradition celebrated in BROOKLYN. My boro, the boro of some of the realest emcees. For six years Brooklyn Bodega has been showcasing this weekly event thats right this is actually a weekly event leading up to the main day. It started from mon., Jul. 5th to end with this afternoons grand finale.

I should not say I anticipate this event every year more than other true live hip hop fans. I really do anticipate this event and the whole new york city anticipate this event. New Jersey, Philly, Boston and people travelling across the world anticipate the greatest HIP HOP FESTIVAL given every year by the Brooklyn Bodega. And I'm going to tell you why.

When you attend an event like this on a steaming hot saturday afternoon. The first thing that usually comes to a person's mind is, " this shit betta be good!" I'm sure alot of people would of rather been at home cooling off instead of increasing their perspiration. When you have line ups like Skyzoo, Smif N Wessun, Black Moon, FaShawn, Curren$y, Rakka Iriscience, Masta Ace, Craig G, Marley Marl, J. Period, Group Home, Nice and Smooth, Pete Rock and CL Smooth and our main event, DE LA SOUL. You're going to work up a sweat along with alotta FUNK!
Everyone reading this editorial and everyone who came out to the Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival, yesterday let me hear you say, " WAS IT WORTH THE SWEAT!!! WAS IT WORTH THE FUNK!!! (LOUDER! LOUDER! LOUDER!)----- repeat

My only downfall to the festival is not being there to see everyone but I put that on myself because there were certain artist I wanted to see perform that I never seen perform. Artist like Black Milk, I never had the honor of witnessing his live performance. Another part of the show I missed was the Tribute to J. Dilla being done by the J.Dilla Ensemble. I also missed Skyzoo's performance another emcee I would love to see grace the stage with their presence. But I showed up as soon as Skyzoo's performance was over. In comes Bucktown's own Original Gun Clappaz' Smif n Wessun to grace the stage followed by Black Moon and Top Dogg.

The main highlight of the event for me was seeing Curren$y perform. I was surprised anyone from Brooklyn Bodega acknowledge his kind of music. Oh by the way, thank you Curren$y for almost getting me and everyone in attendance electricuted when he came on stage. Curren$y, physically made it rain. Anyone that had any type of camera whether digital or video would have felt that electricution. I guess not even THE LORD condone his nonsense rap. Next up, I believe was Rakaa Iriscience of The Dilated Peoples. I wanna give a phat shout out to Rakaa for 2 things, his solo album which scheduled to drop on July 20th and for making a improntu trip to join the Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival. After coming off of a tour in Germany, see now THAT'S HIP HOP!!

I want to let everyone know I got elite footage of this event I will be installing it to my site in the upcoming weeks so don't worry your gonna see the flava.

I'm going to run down the whole playlist of the people I seen. After Iriscience performance the show got crazy. Everyone's favorite video jock before 106 & park, Vj Ralph Mc Daniels enters the stage and introduces Dj J. Period, to do a set I believe they call that, "BROOKLYN MIXTAPE SHOW" featuring legends like Group Home, Dres of Black Sheep, Masta Ase w/ his prodege Math, Craig G, Marley Marl, Nice & Smooth, (I just wanna say how I love ALLAH because thats 2 times I got to see Nice and Smooth unscheduled. I'm going to explain why. What I'm talking about Nice and Smooth were supposed to do a concert at Betsey Head Park but due to heavy rain the concert was cancelled I was so pissed off because that was a concert I was looking forward too. So I guess I can thank Allah for making it up to me THANK YOU ALLAH, I LOVE YOU) Nice and Smooth they came on stage and did there thing you know they would and why would they do their thing because, "NICE AND SMOOTH IS FUNKY AND ALSO HIP HOP JUNKIES AND ALL THEY WANNA DO IS UHH UHH IN YOU" Pete Rock and CL Smooth were next. Pete Rock and CL Smooth ending the BROOKLYN MIXTAPE SHOW with the live performance of "They Reminisce Over You" dedicated to our recent GIFTED UNLIMITED RHYMES UNIVERSAL. Let me hear you say GURU!, say GURU!

Phat shout out to Dj Premier who wuz in the building. And this brother was in the building also peep game let me test your hip hop knowledge I wanna see how many real hip hoppers I got reading my blog ......
" MC am I people call me MILK when I'm busting up a party I feel no guilt Gizmo cuttin up for me. To be one of us you have to be down where gifted and where going far down the road and to the bank while I'm here I'll like to thank Mom and Dad they knew the time. Gizmo cuttin and Milk Dee rhyme.... Milk is chillin Gizmo chillin what more can I say TOP BILLIN thats what we get we got it good since you understood would you..........."

Ahight I song enuff I think my true hip hop niggaz reading this review get the gist of the person I'm talking about. I might of fuck up on a couple of lines but its all good.
This year's Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival was a great one they always put on a great one they never failed us yet. I wanna thank all my dudes I bumped into while I was up in there my nigga, Imahn J, Sav Killz, J Ronin and the nigga I never thought I was gonna see again cuz I heard he got into some illegal drama in Indiana, my dude C Ray Walz.. C ray Walz back in NYC July 25th check the god out performing w/ Mic Geronimo and Royal Flush at the Santos Party House 96 Lafayette St
Like I was saying every good day or in this case every good event must come to an end. Brooklyn Bodega brings us The Stars of The Day, let me hear you say DE LA SOUL.
De La Soul these dudes one of hip hop's elite and definitely legendary by all means. They rocked for about an hour. Dove on 1 leg he claimed he had an accident I didn't feel his motivation but PLUG 1 he look like he wanted to keep on rocking and why not they had plenty of jamz but too many to give away for free they were saving there true performaance for the Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival after party. I didn't go to the after party, I rarely do go. I just support BROOKLYN BODEGA, THE BROOKLYN HIP HOP FESTIVAL and anything that has the name BROOKLYN, BROOKLYN, thats my borough and my borough is thorough! AND THATS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU BROOKLYN!!!

No comments: