Wednesday, March 4, 2009

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER MARCH 2009


Dj Handspin Dinero back in the house. I wanna thank everyone who been supporting and reading my blogs. I'm glad everyone been enjoying each issue and to those who hate on my issues and my blogs then "MIDDLE FINGER YOU".

Remember feel free to reply to my blog with your comments, criticisms, suggestions or if you have any products or events that needs marketing and promotions via my blog. You can respond to this blog or email me at djhandspindinero@gmail.com.
As we get the March issue on and cracking. We'll be reviewing a series of independent emcees I'm glad my blog is gettin' felt by sum 1 and I'm receiving cds to be reviewed and rated. I got alotta uprising emcees on the agenda for today.
First off, we got Don Julio, Dutch 40, Element 1, Jonathon Thomas, Krill Krak, MC Too Tall, Nemesis and Duchess, No 1, and The Day Laborers. This too much to review in one issue but we have the whole month of March and if I don't get you in this month issue then I'll roll it over to next month issue.
Before we start I always have to explain how RUSTY JABBZ works. Rusty Jabbz is a hip hop blog magazine designed to get the word out on whats real in the streets. Everyone is rated from 1 to 5 JABBZ. 5 JABBZ is the highest.
However, I'm going to try sumthin different. I wanna interact with my readers more. I'm going to start sumthin new where my readers can respond back to me and either agree with my reviews on certain albums or veto my reviews on the certain albums and we'll have one big hip hop debate. SOUNDS COOL I KNOW IT DO!

The segment is going to be called, "WHO'S ON YOUR STREET CORNER?"

"WHO'S ON YOUR STREET CORNER?"
Don Julio are new LATINS SOON TO BE GOING PLATINUM. Hailing from the Home of Hip Hop (THE BRONX) A three man tag team bringing dat real New York Hip Hop Shit back to the essence. Don Julio on the frontline of hip hop to put the Boricuas back in the game. This group can be compared with any latino rap act of the past but the best comparrison I would say, is The Beat Nuts meets M. O. P. You hear that real New York shit. The low down, gritty and grimey tales of these triflin' NYC streets da shit you don't hear anymore. On songs like, "Bronx Bullies", "Stop Greeding", "I Got That", "Hustle Everyday", "You", "Tryin' to be a man", "Truth Hurts" and they're plenty of other joints you will like. To get in contact with Don Julio to sample their music and other info check them out on myspace. www.myspace.com/donjuliobxny.


This cd I came across was a surprise to me. I always accept or try to support real hip hop. I got this artist, I want to talk about named, Element 1. The name of the cd that was given to me is titled, "El-luminati" Its an independent cd but thats no matter sum times the realness are just on your street corner. Before, I go any further I just want to say, I didn't know anything about Albuquerque, New Mexico until I seen the USA network premiere of In Plain Sight. Now I see on a street corner somewhere in Albuquerque aka THE SAND BOX. There are emcees and this particular I guess mid western or central emcee I don't fuckin know I failed geography. El-1 comes thru actually reppin the real to real or guess for ur side of town the trill to trill either its hot. El's cd can be viewed on his myspace page, www.myspace.com/elementone. You will enjoy the flava that enjoy. I enjoyed the whole cd but their are my favs like, "She's gone", "I'm on my way", "Abq 2 Chi", "Ayy Yo", "Blunts n Mic", "Yall need 2 stop" and "Burn da stage up". Its nice 2 c hip hop keeps spreading from NYC to ABQ. Like I mentioned this section is called, "Who's on your street corner?" From city to city, state to state there is always a dope emcee on the street corner waiting for their moment of fame. This review goes out to you, El and to any nigga in ya cru dat want spotlight. Just holla at Dj Handspin Dinero. Until then 505 keep kicking it live.


Nemesis and Duchess Presents Public Execution Mixtape. I picked this cd up from Fat Beats to check it out. I usually try and stay up on the new and soon to come. It was nice to see what is poppin' on my street corners. The street corners of FLATBUSH, yesss SIRRRR! I always support real hip hop but I also support my stomping grounds of THE BUSH from the UTFO to Talib Kweli. Before I go in with the review I just wanna ask my readers first, what is a Nemesis and Duchess. A NEMESIS is an enemy and/or rival and a DUCHESS is a boss bitch and/or queen bitch. Which brings us to the FLATBUSH version of Bonnie and Clyde, a mixed tag team out for the gold and a mark in hip hop. Can that goal be accomplished you can check their resume at www.myspace.com/nemesisandduchess and/or www.nemandduchess.blogspot.com and view their audio editorial of real lyrics. Although I haven't viewed their sites yet but I heard this new "Public Execution" mix cd. The cd is put together traditional style where u have the emcees spittin their hot 16s over todays hip hop artists beats. There isn't alotta original material from Nem and Duch except for the final track, "Gassed You" which is storytelling of lies portrayed by Nem and Duch that the naive people tend to believe and in the end they end up gettin' GASSEDDD!!! that was a cool record kinda a update version to 3rd Bass's Gas Face. I like the introduction to the cd with MC Doohickey sketch (a message for you fake emcees). There were some key highlights that hit a home run with me like "Super Lyrical 08" and the Flatbush traditional, "Bam Bam" with the Shelly Thunder sample in the background. Like I mentioned earlier, the cd is dope despite the lack of the groups own original music. The cd still gets props over here and besides every now and then you wanna spit on anutha nigga's track 2 let dem know u can sound betta their shit. Nem and Duch, I like whut I heard maybe next time I come across your cd you'll be signed and on a shelf in Best Buy or Target.

I wanna say a phat shout to the following artists who've I reviewed today, Don Julio, Element 1 and Nems and Duch. At this point of the review I rate the lps.

Don Julio "Da Street Album" 3.5 JABBZ
Element One "El-luminati" 3.5 JABBZ
Nemesis and Duchess "Public Execution Mixtape" 3.5 JABBZ

I have a triple header. Hopefully next time I review an album from any of you guys the rate will increase, good luck.
Well this wraps up this edition of Rusty Jabbz I wanna thank you for taking time out to read this and always read my magazine blogs that shows luv and respect in the name of hip hop. Dj Handspin signing off stay tuned!

No comments: