Wednesday, January 8, 2014

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JANUARY 2014 ISSUE #01

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JANUARY 2014 FIRST ISSUE OF THE YEAR
"GIMME SHELTER!!", LOL!!! After the day, today's New Yorker's and Tri-State area had, "Gimme Shelter" is more than just a movie screening. I would like to thank, Grace Hill Media for accepting me for tonight's movie screening of "Gimme Shelter". I'm here, right now live at the AMC Empire 25 theater in Times Square. It's a busy night going on, in here. To my understanding, there are seven other movie screenings scheduled to take place throughout the night in this theater. As well as, my last minute movie screening invite. I would like to thank, Cinemit for the rsvp to tonight's screening of "Lone Survivor" at AMC Loews Lincoln Square. I apologize for my not being there. Trust me, I would of love to have attend. Unfortunately, I have my heart set on tonight's screening "GIMME SHELTER" starring Vanessa Hudgens, Rosario Dawson, Brendan Fraser and James Earl Jones. Written and Produced by Ronald Krauss. I would like to thank, Grace Hill Media again for inviting me out here tonight. It was a deep pleasure, getting involved tonight. It's premise of the film made me, interested in what's scheduled to debut, January 24th at local and worldwide theaters. We all know, this story. Some of us, either lived and experienced it. Others may have various knowledge about it. Let's go back, 26 years in time. In my Junior High School days. Films like such were #1 on the after-school PBS networks. However, this may not be an PBS attempt. Whatever it is, I love the feeling it bought tonight. I should have known something was up, when I first rsvp. The whole idea of only reaching out to various churches and other religious organizations. That was something totally different, I never heard before being invited to a movie screening. It only amped up my curiousity towards "Gimme Shelter" even more. "Gimme Shelter", a film based on a true story. (The film, ironically happen to be named after, the 1970's Rolling Stones documentary.) It's about an, young girl fighting through her demons and in someway seeking redemption. Of course, she's seeking shelter that is what one person would think the basis of the movie is about, a young girl just running away from group home to group home. I found that there's more to it than just, shelter. The concept of "Gimme Shelter" is more like a metaphor to her lost life. Apple, being lost goes deeper than her physical being, its based more on from her inner-soul. The film stars, Vanessa Hudgens as Agnes "Apple" Bailey, (the pregnant runaway teenager.), Brendan Fraser, who plays Tom (the Wall Street Dad who had no choice but to abandon, Apple at birth when he was in his teens.), Rosario Dawson, who plays June (the die-hard, cutthroat, deadbeat mother of Apple.) and James Earl Jones who plays The Chaplaincy. "WHENEVER A CRAB TRIES TO ESCAPE A BARREL, THERE'S ALWAYS ANOTHER CRAB THERE TO PULL IT BACK DOWN!!! Starting off with the beginning of the screening, where we see Apple taking coverage inside of a telephone booth. She's looking for her way out of the system. She said, "She's tired of being passed off as, someone's case number." I just love the way, she handled everything in her own hands. Generally, sixteen year old teenagers do not have any respect for authority. Apple, however isn't your typical sixteen year old. She have a lot of load on her back. There are people out there, who are willing to help her but with attitude and temper. Apple fail to learn to co-operate every time. My favorite parts of the movie was when things started to look good for Apple. She finally found a home that has some positive radius spread around it. Once, Apple decided to occupy residency of "My Lady's of Sorrow". Things started to change for her. She was meeting and living with people that had a goal and/or vision in life. Even if it meant, bringing their babies along with them. My Lady's of Sorrow, a home for pregnant mothers but not your average pregnant mothers. This is a home for young women expecting newborns. Who have suffered abuse from assault to sexual to rape, different types of abuse. Apple, finally received some "HOPE!" that's sure to bring a difference in her attitude and maturity. It's another one, of my favorite scenes. The day, Apple finally delivered her baby and named it, "Hope". Hope, is something she's trying to obtain along with "MUTUAL RESPECT, TRUST & CONFIDENCE!!! I can sit here all day and express my feelings about tonight's event. I rather not say, too much. Remember, "GIMME SHELTER" debut everywhere, JANUARY 24, 2014"

No comments: