Saturday, August 31, 2013

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER AUGUST 2013 ISSUE #02 "PETE ROCK VERSES DJ PREMIER"

CENTRAL PARK SUMMERSTAGE PRESENTS... "PETE ROCK VS. DJ PREMIER" HOSTED BY: LYRICIST LOUNGE @ EAST RIVER PARK TUESDAY, AUGUST 27, 2013 7PM-9PM This today, happens to be the moment I've been waiting for. A 365 day anticipation since last year's attempt had failed. I waited a whole year to see two of the hottest djs/ producers not just on the East Coast but two of the hottest djs/ producers on this planet. I'am glad that I decided to make an attempt to come out this evening. Everyone knows the pain I've been suffering for this past month over my venous situation. My problems have not yet to be resolved but today by my strength of Christ, I'am ready and willing to go out for one evening. One evening that's all I ask to help build my health and happiness. I'am so psyched, I've been looking forward to this, all day. I wanna thank all my followers on facebook, who acknowledged tonight's event posting. Hope to see some of y'all there. I know, I'm not going to be the one that misses it. I already missed yesterday's event. A wonderful, "Wildstyle 30th Anniversary Celebration". This is the last week for the Central Park Summerstage and for the remainder of the week all there events will remain here inside the East River Park.
Why is it, that every hip hop event I attend. I get myself lost for some reason. I don't know, its strange. I generally know the direction to where I'm going until the day of the event and I arrive in the area. I'm just saying, all of this because as I mentioned my foot illness from earlier. Now, isn't the time to be doing all this excess walking on my feet. I know, these concerts are an annual thing. Which makes it hard to remember, street signs and locations of the vicinity we're in. I know, after tonight I won't forget this night. I know, you've probably heard me say that on past hip hop occasions but this night is special. It goes deeper than my 365 day anticipation. To me, out of all the hip hop concerts I ever seen out here on the East River aka The Dome; "PETE ROCK VS. DJ PREMIER" happens to be the best: I could be getting a little ahead of myself. I must admit, I only seen about two hip hop shows on The Dome prior to tonight's event. It is possible that there's another, hip hop show that can top tonight's event.... ("CENTRAL PARK SUMMERSTAGE, AUGUST 27, 2013") but until I do, you can't tell me nothing. It'll remain the best I ever seen.
I'am so glad to be able to capture so much footage. I found it hard to believe once I arrived to see available seating in the front towards the stage. The more closer you are, the better the viewing. There are probably some people behind me who are a bit upset with the fact that I'm conducting this film production of tonight's event. I know, cameras block people's vision. The same thing goes to those people who have an ex-tendency to intentionally block your camera lens in the middle of recordings. Sort of look at this tonight as an, "what goes around, comes around" behavior.
The party getting ready to start. Oh wow, its starting early, 7 on the dot. I wanna give a shout out to Lyricist Lounge for hosting tonight's extravaganza. I also, wanna thank 'em again for four weeks ago. The hosting of the Jungle Bros show at Marcus Garvey Park. I'm looking forward to tonight, let's see what's about to go down. DJ's: Pete Rock and Premier, both are being introduced to the stage. As I can remember from last year they both are set up in the same dj setting. Pete Rock to the right, Premier to the left. It look like its about to get ugly. As I look around, I don't know but it seems to be more people than last year. In fact, there's also a lot of older people as well. Which perhaps happen to be a plus, according to the opening Dj Premier setting off. Dj Premier, starting everything off with an introduction and greeting. Out of respect, Pete Rock offered the first needle drop. Pete Rock setting it off with ""Love & Happiness" bought to you by the legendary love vocalsmith, Al Green. Next needle drop, following in behind, Dj Premier releasing a popular team of love vocalsmiths, "The O' Jays "For The Love Of Money". And, the vibe just continued from here with such classics like The Staples Sisters - "I'll Take You There" to Curtis Mayfield - "Superfly" to Isley Bros - "For The Love Of You" to Sade - "Sweetest Tabou" to Rick James - "Mary Jane" to Stevie Wonder - "Thinking About You" to various MJ Classics . Uh man, there playin' some joints. This is an old tyme moment going on. Although, there's nothing wrong with old tymers. There are so much you can gain from your elders. I find love and blessings in our old tymers. What truly fascinate me about old people are there love and phenomenon on they're type of music, "S.O.U.L.!" Do not confuse that with R&B/Soul which is something that people always fail to do. Soul music is music and instrumentation composed and conducted from the heart. One hundred and plus percent filled with pure art, talent and its characteristics. I'am terribly sorry, if I have to sit here and speak about what's going on out here this evening. You should be apologizing to yourself if you were unable to make it out here.
It is really hot out here, part of that is from all this massive amount of sweat. OMG, I have no idea where I accumulated it from these days. Although, the one's I can perhaps account for. Are the perspiration coming off of my body from these dancesteps and maneuvers. I would first like to apologize to everyone standing behind me. The Chocolateboy Wonder and Premo have gotten me onto the dancefloor. Which is something that very seldom happens with a person like me. I would, also like to apologize but this is a pre-apology for now. It's for my, WorldwideJabbz video viewers. I apologize after tonight's taping if my screening doesn't come out clear on behalf of my dance interruptions that may have caused interference. Believe me, when I tell you this. If you were standing in my place, you to would be in the groove of the Pete Rock -N- Premier Whindhouse. This right here, probably going to be one of the best recordings, this year. But, the recording isn't over it only began. It's great, what two sensational djs can do within two hours. What's even better, is what I can do of those two hours with the chopping n slicing of multiple video charts. Central Park Summerstage, thank you so much for what you've instored. It's a tad, early to pay my salute. It doesn't hurt me one bit to acknowledge everyone involved in today's affair. They knew, how disappointed we were last year. You can tell by the high-powered generator they have placed out here. It's really making up from last year. Talk about doing, good!! I need me a generator like that. Yeah man, when is it goin' to be my turn for that exclusive park jam. Although looking around at all these people here. I don't think, half of the East River Park would attend my park jam. I bet the old geezers wouldn't come either. I know, I'm No Pete Rock and Premier but I know if given that opportunity. I know, I can yank the rims down and I'm not even a ballplayer.
Today have been a little more of an learning experience. I'm so glad, I was looking forward in coming. I learned a lot between both, Pete Rock and Dj Premier. I've been taking notes all day. I'm standing among a small percentage of 70's/80's generation babies, out here. There are a lot of 1960's ladies and gents in the house. So what, Premo you were born in the 1960's. Bragging about how good your decade's music is. Why won't you brag about your age, "MR. 47", LOL! HaHaHa, I'm having a good time out here. It's lovely out here, especially Dj Premier on the wheels in addition to his MCing of the evening. That's what's up, my man Pete Rock is great on the 1 & 2's but he's not much of a talker. He doesn't utilize the M.I.C. as much as, Premier or other djs. Well, earlier on there was an exception but P.R. had no choice. Thanks to Dj Premier putting him on blast and airing out the classic, Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth single "The Creator". Ya man, Premier wanted Pete Rock to take 'em back just one time with one of them verses, LOL!! See this what I'm talking about, when I say Premier is good for MCing not to be confused with the general concept of MCing. Although the way, the rap era have gone lately. I wouldn't be surprised if Premier can rap circles around half the cats spitting today. And, that's the GOD HONEST TRUTH!!
Speaking of that word "TRUTH". The highlight of the evening appeared when Pete Rock and Premier decided to get a little truthful. Everyone knows behind every producer or should I say, every hip hop producer's music production there's truth to their music. The truth can be found simply by playing the original recording that they sampled from to make there "something else". "Something Else", is basically whatever original sample, break or loop that was used from another recording to create there recording. It's almost like taking something old and making it all new again, so to speak. What Pete Rock and Premier are scheduled to do in this next segment is sort of like an break beat session. Where they would play the original recording and then mix it in with the "something else" that was created out of it. Both of them took turns. I thought this indeed is an cool idea. There were more ideas. This one was even splendid. I'm going to try and explain the best way I can because sometimes it still gets confusing to me. This was more like a battle, a "BATTLE OF THE BEATS!" The idea is to have Dj Premier play all of Pete Rock's production and vice-versa Pete Rock will play all of Dj Premier's production. This set right here is awesome. Even though I'am unfamiliar to a lot of these original recordings. Maybe I can ask, this old chick sitting next to me. She look like, she was born in the '60's LOL!
This part of the show was a good battle. If it was a battle. Both parties played a lot of material. Premier aired out a lot of Pete Rock's "dirty laundry" across the tables. The same went for Pete Rock airing out Premier's "bones" across the viral vinyl. What killed it, was when P.R. dropped Royce Da 5"9 "Boom" and Notorious BIG "Ten Crack Commandments". Premier scored with those two bangers right there. P.R. have some bangers too. Let me see, what Pete Rock' bangers, Premier layed out tonight that I liked. My favorite Pete Rock joints of the tonight. I only have three, Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth "The Creator", Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth "Straighten It Out" and Run DMC "Down with the King. P.R., he killed it on those. It is just so much going down still from here Pete Rock and Premier they moved onto there next segment, a live performance session. Introducing a whole heap of live performers and guest appearances. Setting it off first, Boston's finest (that might be stretching it a bit, lol) Freddie Foxxx. It turns out there were more surprises than that. Uh, man I couldn't believe it. How long are they going to stay on this guilt trip. It was just a broken generator from last year. Look like they're really paying everyone back tonight. Tonight's gathering, up until this point have been satisfying or at least that's what I thought. I can always use some more, some more of anything. Let's keep this party going live!!! I never expected live entertainment. Perhaps I should have known. I wasn't able to capture everyone under the flashing lights. I would like to thank all the emcees who came out to perform. I hope I'll remember all of you. Forgive me for my bad memory, LOL. I would like to thank Freddie Foxxx (Oh who can forget him), to Camp-Lo, Lil Fame, Sadat X, Hakim, SmootheHustler, Greg Nice, Tony Touch, D.Stroy, Rob.O and my personal favorite. I'm really glad, he came out tonight... "THE FATHER OF HIP HOP", KOOL HERC! It was great seeing, Kool Herc out here tonight. I guess, I should thank Jesus for making that happen for me. A couple of weeks ago I was unfortunate to attend the "40th Anniversary Of Hip Hop In Central Park". I even missed the "40th Anniversary Of Hip Hop At 5Pointz in Queens Both, events were being hosted by legendary, Father of Hip Hop Kool Herc. You can say, tonight somewhat makes up for it. It surely does, I'm just ashamed that I have to leave right about now. I can't believe I'm still here. Just like the last Summerstage event I attended, this is only a test. I have work first thing in the early morning. I'm still trying to manage and balance my occupation and my social media lifestyle. I have had a splendid evening out. So what if my work, the next morning might possibly face "chopped and screwed" due to lack of sleep. Like I've been mentioning, all throughout today's issue. It was worth the wait. ALL 365 DAYS OF IT!!!
Whoooo, it may have been worth it to me. I just hope my feet were able to stand the pain. I'm just gonna say, goodnight. Thanks a lot to the Central Park Summerstage/ City Parks Foundation and Lyricist Lounge for tonight's event. Thanks once again to Central Park Summerstage for a marvelous, Summer 2013. Y'all always know how to put on the best shows. Most Importantly, I must say thank you to our guests of honor. My heart and love goes out to both, Dj Pete Rock and Dj Premier for reinventing tonight. Not to mention, keeping your words and promises about making this night happen because of what happened last year..... "ONE LOVE!"
This is the last week for Central Park Summerstage. Central Park Summerstage has plans to continue throughout the rest of the week inside East River Park. I hope everyone enjoyed the fun, the excitement, the various entertainment and performances throughout the different community parks from the different boroughs. I hope anyone who did attend any of the Summerstage's events did find some joy, satisfaction and fulfillment from them. This is usually the worse part of the summer, when its coming to an end. I know, you all will be back next year. And, I know if Summerstage know any better...."PETE ROCK VERSES DJ PREMIER PART THREE, WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR TOO!!!!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: 1-347-789-4543 Cellular: 1-646-339-4981 Cellular: 1-347-902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.linkedin.com/jason_lamar Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.instagram.com/jason_lamar007 Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.linkedin.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.vimeo.com/rustyjabbzvideo Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: