Saturday, September 21, 2024

Rusty Jabbz Newsletter September 2024 "LAST DAY OF SUMMER SPENT IN CONEY ISLAND" Issue #04



Coney Island is more than just a section of Brooklyn. It was also the birth place to the late, great Oscar winning actor Lou Gosset Jr.


Coney Island a place that's known for making young people happy not just young people. Adults enjoy the pleasure of Astroland Park particularly places like Nathan's hotdogs. 🌭
Nathans is historic along with Astroland Park. One of the most awesome things people look forward to in the summer when it comes to Nathans is the annual hot dog 🌭 contest, lmao. Some people may love it and others may think it's gross. 
I remember seeing a guy participating in the contest eat 60 hotdogs, 🌭 that's real right there. I can't even eat no more than 03 hotdogs. 🌭

I remember the days when I was a little boy. My parents use to take me and my brother every summer to Coney Island. 
My dad wasn't too big on beaches, neither was my mother. They mainly took us to Astroland Park. As long as it wasn't near the beach or on the Cyclone. My parents were very cautious. 
No matter what my parents allowed me and my brother to partake in. We aways had a good time. 



Today, September 21st just happen to be the final day of the summer. I didn't have an awesome summer. It was soso. Anyone who knows Dj Handspin Dinero knows what I'm talking about. Going out to Coney Island, this afternoon made up for it. This happens to be a tradition that I keep on the last day of summer. I spent all day laying out on the beach in the hot sun burning up. Getting high and listening to music. I bought my bluetooth radio with me along with some cassettes. 

All types of bugs, wasp crawling all over my body. I've been bitten so many times. I have no idea what may have bitten me. Although there was an odd looking fly that I wasn't familiar with I believe its called a lanternfly. Its bigger than your average fly and has spots like a leppard across its body. It looks disgusting.  🤮

How often do I get a chance to have a summer in Coney Island. 
I'm excluding the Ford Amphitheater Concert. I'm talking about on the actual beach and boardwalk. 

Before I close out the blog. I would like to thank Coney Island and the Ford Amphitheater for the concerts I've attended over the summer. I can not forget the  promoters, the sponsors, the caterers, the security, the FDNY-EMTS, the NYPD without them none of these free concerts will have gone on safely. To the djs, the emcees, old school or new school for taking part in the events. Thank you guys for being there and let's do this again next year. 👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿
Thank you to our Brooklyn Baseball Team ⚾️ The Cyclones 👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿

"HAPPY AUTUMN!" & "HAPPY NEW YEAR!"
👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿





No comments: