Sunday, May 26, 2024

Rusty Jabbz Newsletter May 2024 "Double or Nothing" Issue #03

I'm not sure if I was attending yet. Perhaps I should have made that decision earlier. It is now, 9:34pm and I still  haven't reached Legend Bar. Blame it on the NYC transit service in my neighborhood. 
It doesn't matter, as long as I reach to Legend Bar to catch the "Anarchy in the Arena" match that's the match I truly want to see. 
I'm pretty sure, whatever matches I've missed in the last hour and a half were good. 👍🏿 
Sorry I've missed them. 

I showed at 10:05pm, I missed 03 matches so far. I'm not counting the kick off show. 
Will Ospreay defeat Roderick Strong 
Chris Jericho defeat Hook and Katsuyori Shibata to retain his FTW Championship 
Toni Storm defeat Sereena Deebs to retain her AEW Women's Championship 
I even heard MJF made an appearance tonight. I would of love to have seen that. Someone mentioned, he came out dressed like the version of the DX Triple H, lol. 

I walked in at Legend Bar in the middle of Jon Moxley vs Konosuke Takeshita for the IWGP Championship 
JON MOXLEY DEFEAT KONOSUKE TAKESHITA 
Of course, you figure Jon Moxley was going to win. No matter how much beating Konosuke Takeshita put down on Jon Moxley. No matter how much blood leaks through the body of Jon Moxley. AEW can't ever let there top wrestler lose a match.

"BARBED WIRE STEEL CAGE MATCH"
ADAM COPELAND DEFEAT MALAKAI BLACK 
Malakai with a spiked bat tearing at the forehead of Adam Copeland. 
Adam Copeland taking control of the spiked bat and aiming at the guts of Malakai Black. 
Adam Copeland strapping Malakai Black to a table. Adam Copeland climbing a 23 foot steel cage and jumping off of it into Malakai Black. 
Brody King and Buddy Mathew coming down the ramp and getting inside the cage. 
The House Of Black members getting involved inside this barbed wire steel cage match. 
Gangrel coming up from underneath the ring to assist Adam Copeland take down the House of Black. Adam Copeland choking Malakai Black with a barbed wire wrapped around his throat. Malakai is fading out.
Adam Copeland wins the match.

"TBS CHAMPIONSHIP"
MERCEDES MONE DEFEAT WILLOW NIGHTINGALE 
I'm shocked no one in the bar, chanting CEO, CEO, CEO. I'm in the right place tonight alot of support for Willow Nightingale, up in here. Come on, Willow don't disappoint me like my girl Becky did like last night. 
Stokely Hathaway and Kris Statlander at ringside showing support for Willow during the match. 
Stokely and Kris on the side of the apron. Referee Aubrey Edwards trying to remove them from the ring.
Willow Nightingale had Mercedes Mone pinned onto the canvas.
The audience were counting, Willow Nightingale had a victory. Kris and Stokely's interference cost her the match. 

After The Match: Kris Statlander consoling Willow Nightingale. Kris Statlander pushes Stokely Hathaway down. Kris Statlander walking Willow Nightingale up the ramp. Kris Statlander with a buckshot lariat laying out Willow Nightingale. Kris Statlander following it up with a bodyslam. 

"AEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP"
SWERVE STRICKLAND DEFEAT CHRISTIAN CAGE 
WHOSE HOUSE?... Don't give a shit about your house. It's probably filthy like you.
I don't like neither one of these opponents. As far as I'm concerned these two can kill themselves. I'm going to take a smoke break. I'll be back when it's time for the  "ANARCHY IN THE ARENA!" 

Now the moment of the night have finally arrived. What I've been waiting for.

"ANARCHY IN THE ARENA"
THE ELITE  DEFEAT  FTR, DARBY ALLIN 
& JACK PERRY          BRYAN DANIELSON 
FTR, Bryan Danielson Darby Allin getting the upper hand on The Elite at the early start of the match. AEW celebrating their 5th anniversary tonight in Las Vegas. It was actually 5 years ago on this day. Where this sick, demented, brutal and homicidal match your watching right now called "Anarchy in the Arena". At the first premiere of "Double or Nothing".
They're all over the arena. It's like a falls count anywhere match. 
They're fighting throughout the audience. I know the fans are loving that. 
There fighting in the concession area. 
What's this Jack Perry grabbing Tony Khan from production room.
Darby Allin lighting up Jack Perry with the flame thrower. 
The Youngbucks have Darby Allin hanging upside above the ring. 
Bryan Danielson with his kicks on Matt and Nick. 
Bryan Danielson pinned Matt Jackson 
Kazuchika Okada making the save
Jack Perry pinned Bryan Danielson 




    Upcoming AEW Events: 


    UBS Arena, Elmont, New York 
    Sunday, June 30, 2024

    Wembly Stadium, London, England 
    Sunday, August 25, 2024

    NOW Arena, Hoffman Estates, Illinois 
    Sunday, September 01, 2024


    AEW Grand Slam - Not Confirmed 
    Arthur Ashe Stadium, Queens, New York 

     Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, Washington 
    Saturday, October 12, 2024

       Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey 
    Saturday, November 23, 2024

         Addition Financial Arena, Orlando, Florida 
    Saturday, December 28, 2024

No comments: